How do we live and what does it say about us?
WhereWVULives is a project of the West Virginia University Media Innovation Center’s XPJRL class. We want to answer the question, “How do students live?”
WVU students have more new housing options than previous classes thanks to an influx of new development both on and off campus. We are using two 3D modeling cameras lent to us by Matterport to create environmental portraits of these spaces as part of an ongoing project depicting student life. What is a need versus a luxury? Do we need granite countertops in our kitchen or do we even need a kitchen at all? How does on-campus housing differ from off?
Tell us who has the best:
- WVU super fan house?
- Who lives in the tiniest space? Or biggest?
- Who has decorated their house to show off their passions? This is wide open — from hunting to Star Wars to collecting rocks… you tell us.
- Who lives in the most surprising place — like a tree house or a converted garage?
- Who has the best man-cave?
- Who lives in the dirtiest, ickiest, you-wouldn’t-want-your-dog-sleep-there kind of place?
- Who lives in a place worthy of Donald Trump?
Tell us: Join in the conversation @WVUMediaInno using #WhereWVULives
— Justin Hayhurst, @justin_hayhurst
WVU Reed College of Media graduate student and project leader